Elmhurst Historical Museum Hosts Toy Fair Extravaganza
Lund and Company Invention to Demonstrate Latest New Toys
FREE EVENT: Sunday, June 26, 1–5 p.m.
Elmhurst Historical Museum
120 E. Park Ave.
It’s a fun-for-all! Don’t miss one of the summer’s hottest events to celebrate the new “Toys in the ‘Hood” exhibit. The grounds of the Elmhurst Historical Museum turn into toy land for an amazing afternoon filled with fun games and activities for all ages. Rain or shine.
Schedule of Activities:
- Enter a Lincoln Log building contest (ages 5-8 and 9-12) and win a Vintage Lincoln Log set
- Play games on the museum lawn including an oversize chess game, Toss Across, Mouse Trap, Operation, and more
- Meet the inventors of Operation (John Spinello) and Lite Brite (Burt Meyer), and win a chance to take home an autographed game
- Show off your party game skills by playing “Blurt” on the main stage with the game’s inventor, Tim Walsh
- Encounter the creative team from The Marketing Store — the creators of Happy Meal Toys — who will help kids to design their own toys, show how the pros draw toys and cartoon characters, and demonstrate how to digitally sculpt toys.
- See demonstrations of the latest toys by Chicago area toy companies including Revell, Lund Invention, My Favorite Toy Store, Kubit2Me, and Elenco
- Lots of incredible prize giveaways throughout the day, including a Radio Flyer scooter, UNO Attack, a special “Make Your Own Monster” gift ($250 value) from North American Bear, a Thomas the Tank Engine set, Lite Brite, Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots — and loads more! Prizes will be given away every half hour.
- Free Italian ice and frozen treats, hot dogs for sale
- Tour the “Toys in the ‘Hood” exhibit
This event is sponsored by the Elmhurst Heritage Foundation, with promotional support from My Favorite Toy Store, Classic Cinemas, Tree Towns Reprographics, Springhill Suites Marriott/Elmhurst, and the Elmhurst Independent.